UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020
The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has invited online applications from candidates to apply for 40 Geo-Scientist vacancies @upsc.gov.in. The UPSC will be recruiting eligible candidates for the post of Scientist B and Chemist in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources. Those Candidates has Interested in the Following Exam and have All Eligibility Criteria Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online.
|Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Combined Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020
Advt. No. 01/2021
|Form Start Date||07/10/2020|
|Last Date for Apply Online||27/10/2020|
|Fee Payment Last Date||27/10/2020|
|Pre Exam Date||21/02/2020|
|Admit Card||Feb 2020|
Fee Details for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist
- For General / OBC / EWS Candidates: Rs. 200/-
- For SC / ST / Women / PH Candidates: Rs. 0/-
- Payment Mode: Pay the Exam Fee through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, SBI E Challan Fee Mode.
Age Limit for UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020
The upper age limit as per the post is given below for the recruitment into UPSC. Age Limit as on 01/01/2021.
|Minimum Age||21 Years|
|Maximum Age||32 Years|
Total Vacancy – 40 Post
|Post Name||Total Post|
|Chemist Group A (Category)||15|
|Scientist B (Hydrogeology) Group A||16|
|Scientist B (Chemical) Group A||3|
|Scientist B (Geophysics) Group A||6|
Educational Qualification for UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment
- Chemist Group A (Category): M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- Scientist B (Hydrogeology) Group A: Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act.
- Scientist B (Geophysics) Group A: Master of Science degree in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- Scientist B (Chemical) Group A: M.Sc (Chemistry).
How to Appy For UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment?
- Click the direct link to open the apply online link directly or go to the official website of UPSC.
- As the link opens, if you are already registered login with the credentials, otherwise click the part 1 registration and read the instructions.
- Click on “I agree” to proceed for the form submission.
- Now, fill the identity credentials, education qualification, and address.
- Click Continue and submit Part 1 Registration.
- Part 2 registration comprises of logging in the registration ID and DOB.
- Fill all the important details like the selection of examination center, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document, and Declaration.
- Press the “I agree” button after he finds that the information supplied by him is in order and no correction is required.
- Pay the required application fee if applicable.
- Take the Print out of the final form.
Some Useful Important Links
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Pay Exam Fee||Click Here|
|Print Application Form||Click Here|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
- The selection procedure for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment would comprise of prelims and mains written exams followed by an interview.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted through an online mode and will have the following sections:
|General Studies||100||2 hours|
|Geology/ Hydrogeology for Scientist B (Hydrogeology), Geophysics for Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics), Chemistry for Chemist and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Posts||300||2 hours|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Mains Exam Pattern:
The mains exam will consist of three conventional type papers for each stream.
|Paper 1 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 hours|
|Paper 2 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 Hours|
|Paper 3 – Geology/ Geophysics/Hydrogeology||200||3 Hours|